Please read all the rules and information carefully.
- Artwork entered must be the artist’s original work, on a science fiction, steampunk, fantasy, horror or alien theme. Artwork that was not created by the applicant will not be accepted.
- Reproductions (prints) by the artist of his/her own work may be displayed. Your prints of any original art that you are displaying may be placed in the Print Shop with information on your panel about their availability.
- Any work that is judged to be plagiaristic, defamatory or detrimental to known persons and/or to well-known or trademarked characters will not be accepted.
- PSFAFAE reserves the right to refuse any entry. The decisions of the Art Show Director are final.
- Once a piece has been entered into the Art Gallery, it may not be withdrawn nor may the conditions of sale be altered. Also, if pieces of artwork have been sold by Direct Sale prior to the close of the Art Show, additional pieces may not be entered to replace the sold items.
- PSFAFAE retains a 30% commission on all Art Show sales.
- Display units are 4’w x 6h’ panels (at $50 a panel) and Free standing pedestals (at $25 each).
- For artists with a table in the Vendor Hall, there is a maximum of two panels and/or pedestal units. For other artists, there is a maximum of three panels and/or pedestal units.
- Exceptions to this rule may be allowed only on a case-by-case basis and subject to the sole discretion of the Art Show Director.
- Free-standing artwork may be entered subject to space availability and its display fees will depend on its size.
- There is a $25 fee for artwork placed in the ‘Print Shop’ with a limit of 20 pieces per artist.
- Print Shop artwork is Direct Sale only. PSFAFAE collects a 30% commission on all Print Shop sales.
- Please check the box on the Reservation Form to inform us that you are bringing or sending prints and to receive the Print Control Form.
- It is strongly suggested that artwork placed in the Print Shop be matted and wrapped to protect it during browsing.
- We need to receive your completed Reservation Form, signed Release Form, and full payment in advance to reserve space in the Art Show. Space cannot be reserved by phone.
- Your space is not definite until we have received your completed and signed reservation form, signed release form and payment. Once we receive them, we will send you an acknowledgment/receipt.
- Control forms for originals and prints, and additional instructions will be mailed to all artists or agents in January 2017.
- All artwork entered must be ready for display.
- Two-dimensional work should be matted, framed, and mounted in some way to permit hanging on pegboard. Oils, etc. must be thoroughly dry; pastels, charcoals, etc. should be appropriately sealed or protected.
- Four-dimensional work must come with appropriate supports or cases for table top display. It is highly recommended that, if you intend to enter small fragile artwork such as delicate jewelry or miniatures, you provide a sturdy, secure display case for your pieces. Four-dimensional work will not be hung on panels; you must request a pedestal if you have 4-D work, except for small jewelry.
- Please let us know in advance and indicate on the reservation form if you have unusual or special needs for display of your artwork, such as lighting, electricity, floor space etc. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- It is recommended that fine art prints displayed in the Art Show (such as, but not limited to, engravings, etchings, woodcuts, lithographs, monoprints or serigraphs) have the following information attached: name of artist; year printed; nature of edition (such as artist’s proof, limited, remarqued, etc.); number of impressions (both signed and unsigned, numbered and unnumbered); and the status of the plate (still in use/destroyed).
- All artwork (where feasible) must be labeled with title, price and artist’s name and address. Titles and prices must match the information on the control sheets. This is to prevent confusion if the info sheet becomes separated from the artwork (a common occurrence) and for the purchaser’s information.
- Be sure to indicate on the Reservation Form whether you or your agent will be bringing the artwork, who will be picking it up and who should receive the check for your sales.
- Mail-in artwork is accepted on a juried system basis. Due to the additional handling required by the convention, there is a $15 mail-in fee. Adequate funds for return of your artwork by your choice of carrier (U.S. mail, UPS, Federal Express, etc.) must be included when the artwork is sent.
- Do not send any artwork to the Leprecon, Inc. PO Box!
- Send artwork to the Art Show Director at the following address:
PSFAFAE 2018 Art Show
7253 w Nicolet Av
Glendale, AZ 85303
- Additional instructions for mail-in work will be sent upon receipt of reservation forms and fees.
- Artwork may be entered as either
(Direct sale amount) or Not-For-Sale (NFS).
- Art for sale is defined as direct sale. Direct sale prices may also be indicated. Artist can choose to have us contact them if an offer is made on site lower than the direct sale amount.
- Security is provided by Art Show staff during the hours the Art Show is open. The Art Show room is locked
during the hours that the Art Show is closed.
- PSFAFAE does not provide insurance. It is highly recommended that you insure your mail-in artwork as PSFAFAE takes no responsibility for the condition that it arrives in.
- At this time, Art Show hours are expected to be:
Art Gallery opens for vendors and artists to check in and set up work
Art Gallery remains open for setup
Open earlier in the day for remaining setup
3:00PM to 10:00PM – Gallery opens to the public
Art Gallery Open 10:00 am – 8:00PM
Open 10:00AM – 8PM
Artwork sold can start to be picked at 5PM on Sunday
8:00 pm -11:00 pm
- All artwork must be hung by 3:00 pm on Friday, March 16, 2018, unless you have made prior arrangements. o bring
your artwork into the Art Show.
- Pick-up of unsold artwork starts on Sunday, March 18th, 2018 at 8:00 pm and must be completed by 11:00 pm. If you are unable to pick up your artwork during this period, you need to make prior arrangements with the Art Show
- Any artwork left after 11:00 pm on Sunday, March 18th, 2017, will be considered to be abandoned and so becomes the property of PSFAFAE unless prior arrangements were made with the Art Gallery Director.